After trying many different recipes for pizza dough in my bread machine (and without), I ran across one that works quite nicely, and tastes delicious. I wanted to share it, since it’s always nice to share things like this. I added in a splash of parsley and marjoram leaves for my personal taste before the mixing, but anything can be added. This recipe will yield 2 large pizzas. What I do is throw half into a ziplock bag and toss it in the fridge, then when the time comes to use it I pull it out to warm to room temperature before using it. Otherwise, it will not be flexible, and will retain it’s shape more. Not a good thing when you’re looking to spread it thin across 16 inches.
This may be simple, but I’ve experimented with more complex recipes and this one beats them all.
* This recipe is specifically for a 2 lb bread machine, divide as necessary.
1¾ hours | 1½ hours prep
* 1 1/4 cups luke water
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
* 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or dry oregano or dry basil, crushed (or a little of all three)
1. Combine all ingredients into bread pan.
2. select dough setting.
3. When dough is finished, remove from bread pan and pat out onto pizza pans and top with your favorite pizza toppings.
4. Bake at 550 degrees for 8-12 min or until crust is golden brown.
Note: This can be done by hand also, but you will need to let the dough rise (double in size) and knead it down again and rise again before patting it into pizza crusts.